Google
 

Friday, December 21, 2007

Snowman Ornament

My friend Karen and I were having an online discussion about kid-made ornaments tonight. What else do moms have to talk about? lol She told me about this snowman ornament that her son made two years ago.




As you can see, you use a plastic or glass ball ornament. I'm sure red, green, or blue would work fine. Dip the child's fingertips in white paint to make the body of the snowman. After the paint dries you can use a permanent marker or paint to add the eyes, nose, and buttons. Then add the name and date to the back and a nice bow on top. Very cute and simple. This is a great keepsake. I think I might try this with my kids this year.

If you have something you'd like to share, just shoot me an email.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son's teacher did something similar this year, but instead of their finger she used the whole hand. His hand was dipped in paint and with the palm placed on the bottom his fingers curved up the sides of the bulb. Then she painted little snowmen on finger tip. A note was attached that read;
These aren't just five snowmen
As anyone can see
I made them with my hand
Which is a part of me
Now each year when you trim the tree,
And the snow begins to fall
You'll think of Christmas 2007
When my hand was just this small.
Love, Ian

Talk about a tear jurker!

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

that's a stinking cute ornament!