Google
 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

50 Encouraging Things To Say To Your Kids

Words can really change attitudes, self-esteem, relationships, and lives. Here are 50 things that you can say to your kids. Try at least one of them today. Also, it's good to be specific when using praise. Instead of "beautiful picture" try saying, "I really like the colors you used." Instead of "nice job" try, "You did a great job cleaning your room. It looks so nice."

  1. I love you.
  2. You mean so much to me.
  3. I'm proud of you!
  4. Great job.
  5. Nice try.
  6. I'll pray for you.
  7. You make me happy.
  8. Have a good day.
  9. You're beautiful.
  10. You can do it.
  11. You're the best!
  12. You're good at this.
  13. I like the way you did that.
  14. You're so smart.
  15. That was thoughtful of you.
  16. I appreciate your help.
  17. Very clever.
  18. You have a lot of talent.
  19. Fantastic!
  20. Way to go.
  21. Your efforts are paying off.
  22. I can tell how hard you've been working.
  23. Outstanding!
  24. You're a hard worker.
  25. You're an excellent helper.
  26. Well done.
  27. I knew you could do it.
  28. Marvelous!
  29. You figured it out.
  30. What an imagination.
  31. I am blessed to have you in my life.
  32. You made my day.
  33. You're a good friend.
  34. You made a good decision.
  35. You're incredible.
  36. Good for you.
  37. Now you have the hang of it.
  38. You're really improving.
  39. That's the best ever.
  40. Much better.
  41. I can tell you've been practicing.
  42. You should be proud of yourself.
  43. What an accomplishment!
  44. You've really learned a lot.
  45. Congratulations!
  46. You figured that out fast.
  47. You made it look easy.
  48. It makes me happy when you do your best.
  49. That's quite an improvement.
  50. Good thinking!

What can you add to this list?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a great list! I'm going to link to it on my blog!

ThriftyMommy said...

Thanks, Nicki!

*Tanyetta* said...

I'm all linked up~ Thank you for the tips ;)