Google
 

Friday, May 23, 2008

Fun-Filled Friday: Fun Ocean Crafts

My daughter's preschool class has been learning about the ocean this week. Here are some things they made that I thought you would like to see.



This is a turtle. It is made from a small styrofoam bowl. Just tear up some pieces of green tissue paper and glue it to the bowl. There is a hole punched on each side of the bowl with a string tied to each side. This allows the turtle to attach to the child's arm so that they can pretend their hand is a turtle.

I made something similar a few years ago with my preschool class. I used a larger bowl and cut out a turtle head, arms, legs, and tail for each child. We glued these to the bottom of the bowl. Just another option for you.

This is sort of an ocean in a bag. This uses blue ziploc bags (I think the freezer ones are blue), glitter, foam fish, and I think the jelly material inside is liquid petroleum jelly. Otherwise, I would suggest using clear or blue hair gel.

For this, you need to cut a circle from cardboard/tagboard or cardstock. Cut out a small triangle for the fish's mouth and glue the triangle onto the fish for a tail. Then glue on some glitter and add a large sequin eye.

All of these activities are easy enough that you could do these with ages 2 and up. Is anyone having an ocean theme for Vacation Bible School this year? If so, these would be easy and inexpensive crafts.

Don't forget to check out this awesome National Geographic video to go along with your lesssons.

Have fun!

1 comment:

reprehriestless warillever said...

Thank you for these ideas.

We will be learning about sea creatures soon, and I will have to refer back to this.