Google
 

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Organizing Manipulative Bins

Every now and then there are projects that you want to get done in your classroom but you know how time consuming they will be. What a great feeling it is do get those projects off your list and see some of your work being used.

Last week I decided to conquer another project - labeling all of our manipulative bins. It wasn't too difficult and I'm pleased with the results.



Each day as I would pick up bits and pieces of toys I would get irritated searching for the correct bin. If this irritated me, I can only imagine how the kids felt.

For this organization project I simply took each bin one at a time and took a picture of the content inside the bin. For most of them I was able to put a few pieces on the table and take a picture. For smaller items (such as the bears) I left them inside the container when taking the picture. I printed the pictures on the color printer at work, cut them out, laminated them, and taped the pictures onto the bins. Like I said, it wasn't anything difficult, it was just time consuming.

I'm sooooo glad it's done. :D



What kind of classroom organization projects have you conquered?

2 comments:

Jourdan said...

Everything looks easy to find, I love how you labeld the bins with pictures of the content inside of the bin so that you could find the manipulatives easily. Great work!

ThriftyMommy said...

Thanks Jourdan. I'm glad the manipulatives are easy to find. :)