Google
 

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Please pray


I sometimes forget that I can write whatever I would like on my blogs and become focused on writing only about my target subject here at Little Fun. While I do like to write about child-related topics, I feel that it is appropriate for me to go off-subject for this post.

Layne Daniel is our former pastor. He recently suffered a seizure and ended up in Chapel Hill with a diagnosis of bleeding on the brain. The doctors suspected that he had a tumor on the frontal lobe of his brain. In a heart-breaking turn of events, that suspicion was found to be fact. Surgery was performed, and the tumor was found to be malignant. The doctors estimated that it had only been there for about a month, but it was already the size of a golf ball. The doctors were able to remove all of the tumor that they could see, but the tumor was found to be a class 4 of 4. This particular kind of tumor grows back after surgery more often than not.

I spoke with his wife tonight. Tomorrow will be two weeks since his brain surgery. He preached at church tonight and did well but was, understandably, tired afterward. He goes to Chapel Hill on Tuesday for a consultation and begins radiation treatments on Wednesday. He will be receiving chemo orally and will have radiation treatments five times a week for the next 6 1/2 weeks. He and his wife will be staying in Chapel Hill during the week and will be home on weekends. His wife has taken a leave of absence from her teaching position, but their children will be finishing out the school year.

Please pray for this family. The future does not look hopeful, but we know that God controls the future. Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you updated as I hear more news.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sad - I am so sorry for him and his family and I will be praying for them!

Revka said...

Thank you, Lisa.

Anonymous said...

I hope that he is doing well with his treatments. I pray that God gives them both strength during this difficult time.

Revka said...

Thank you, Karen. i truly appreciate your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! Really cool... Have a look at www.catyourway.com I am sure you will like the most amazing e-book ever written "An Ordinary Black Cat" The 1st chapter is free of charge so go on read and let me know what you think!