Google
 

Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Am So Thankful

Today we went to my brother's house for Thanksgiving dinner. He lives about 2 1/2 hours from us. My sister-in-law's family was there and a few people that she works with. Now we're at my parent's house, which is another 2 hours from my brother.

Tomorrow my hubby and I are actually going to get away by ourselves and leave the kids with my parents for an overnight trip. Yay! I'm so excited! We haven't been away by ourselves in years. I would like to go to Cape Hatteras. I've never been there and have wanted to go for many years. It's a little farther away then we'd like to travel for a 1 1/2 day get away, so we'll probably go somewhere closer.

Anyway, I'm sitting here all by myself. Everyone else is asleep. I'm used to keeping the late night blogging hours. I guess I need to get to bed early while I can.

Here are some of the things I am so grateful for:

  • Words cannot tell how grateful I am for Jesus giving it all for me. These songs express a little about how I feel - Jesus, You Gave it All and Love You So Much.
  • My parents who taught me of God's goodness and modeled His love for me.
  • My husband. He loves God, me, and his children. He comes home every night and he provides for his family.
  • My children. I prayed for them many years before they were born. I pray that one day they'll experience a relationship with Jesus and know the peace and joy that He brings.
  • God's provisions. We have a nice house, working vehicles, clothes to wear, and food to eat each day.
  • For the United States. I am so very thankful for the men and women that have fought and sacrificed for the freedoms that we have.
  • My true friends that love me in spite of my failures and are there for me when no one else is.
  • For holidays such as today when we set aside time and reflect upon our blessings.

I can't even begin to describe how I feel right now. I am gushing with gratefulness.

We love because He first loved us. I John 4:19

No comments: