My science methods teacher made this with the class when I was in college. We had tons of fun with it and then when I brought it home, my husband couldn't quit playing with the Oobleck either.
Items to collect:
1 cup of dry cornstarch
large bowl or pan
green food coloring
½ cup of water
1. Cover your table or counter with newspaper.
2. Put the cornstarch into the bowl or pan. Add a few drops of food coloring.
3. Add the water slowly, while mixing.
4. Continue to add water until all of the oobleck feels like a liquid when you’re mixing it.
5. You will know that you have the perfect consistency when you can tap on the surface of the oobleck and it feels like a solid. If it seems too powdery, add a bit more water. If it seems too wet, add more cornstarch.
6. Play and experiment.