Before you start following all the links to resources and ideas I have found, take a moment to read this article explaining why learning the alphabet is so important for our children.
- School Express has an easy-to-make Alphabet hat for the letter Q. It has a picture of a quail.
- Everything Preschool has several useful pages including the Letter Q Songs and Music page, Letter Q Arts and Crafts page (which includes ideas for making queen crowns, a quill, and several different quilts), Letter Q Coloring Pages page, and the Letter Q Extras page that presents ideas for additional Q related activities such as snacks and field trips.
- As always, Preschool Express by Jean Warren features excellent ideas. Her Q Activities page includes instructions for Q art (q-tip designs, quarter rubbings, and such), Q games and movement, Q language (ideas for types of books to read as well as instructions for a Jeopardy-like game called "What's the Question"), and 8 original Q songs and rhymes.
- DLTK's Growing Together offers a Quetzal Craft made from a toilet paper roll. Additionally, the page provides information about the Quetzal, Guatemala's national bird. Also available is a Quetzal Paper Craft for young children to cut and paste. This craft has 2 templates from which to choose: color or B&W.
- For more information about the Quetzal bird, visit The Quetzal at Mexico Para Ninos (the page is in English).
clip art of the letter Q courtesy of fotosearch.com