- First School offers a Alphabet Letter R Preschool Activities and Crafts page where you will find numerous ideas including Letter R Alphabet Letter Printables, a Noah's Ark and Rainbow lesson plan page which includes a craft, a heart theme Raccoon craft (see illustration at side), Raccoon coloring pages, Rabbit Paper Bag Puppet craft, Rabbit printable puzzle (a 4 stage puzzle for children 18 months-6 years) with lesson plan, The Tale of Peter Rabbit Activities, and more.
- DLTK's Growing Together always has a lot to offer, and this time is no exception. Look at their Letter R crafts for kids page which includes the Robbie the Robot Rectangle Shapes craft, Rabbit Toilet Paper Roll craft, Rainbow (hand print) craft, Letter R Alphabet songs sung to familiar tunes, Letter R Games and Puzzles, Letter R mini book, and much more.
- From my friend Karen, a thrifty mommy and preschool director/teacher, come the following ideas for rainbow crafts.
Froot Loops Rainbow
Suitable for 2+ years
- Froot Loops cereal
- Something with which to write
- Separate the Froot Loops according to color. This would be good color practice for a child who is still working on color recognition.
- Draw a rainbow on the paper.
- Help or supervise your child as they glue a different color of cereal on each band of the rainbow.
If you are an adventurous parent, you can use the same idea but, instead of cereal, substitute finger or poster paint.
clip art of letter R courtesy of fotosearch.com
raccoon craft illustration courtesy of First School.ws